Tamil Nadu Medical Council Reg No : 68645
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist
Apollo Hospitals, Greams road, Chennai.
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology,
Sri Balaji Medical College & Hospital
+91 960 004 2942
+91 928 213 3313
No:9, 8th Street, Kamaraj Nagar,
Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai – 600 041
Gastro Speciality Clinic,
No 121, 5th East Street,
Kamaraj Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur,
To provide the benefit of experience to kindle the interest of common man’s health care problem and analyze problems to provide solutions with the help of medical practices.
Present Position Thrust
The knowledge gained through practical experience, through services rendered and training programs, during the tenure of study and internship can be imparted in a purposeful manner. Can handle independently all aspects of medical treatments efficiently and diligently.
Areas of surgical specialization
• Upper G.I & lower G.I Endoscopic procedures
• Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic surgeries with Bariatric surgeries
• Stomach, Esophagus, pancreas, colorectal and hepatobiliary procedures
• Robotic surgery
Areas interested in surgical training
• Advanced laparoscopic colorectal work
• Advanced laparoscopic bariatric surgeries
• Advanced laparoscopic metabolic surgeries
• Robotic surgery
What do I bring to the Hospital?
I can bring to the Hospital the following thought —— It is a nebulous description if I say all failures are the first step to success. Believe in me, in my case it was the first and remained the first throughout my career ladder. I learned a concept——-‘ you realize only when you visualize.’
Last but not least I bring in personal traits of hard work, integrity, immense common sense and an ability to relate to the team members, which is of value in the organization set up.
It is well said that —— ‘ Values are intrinsic to our lives’. They add to the strength of our character and the righteousness of our beliefs. All of us are entrusted with the duty of being promoters and protectors of values. I believe that ethics is a commitment to a higher order of moral values and an ability to distinguish right from wrong.
|COURSE||UNIVERSITY||YEAR OF PASSING|
|M.B.B.S||Rajah Muthiah Medical College & Hospital (RMMCH), Annamalai University India||2001|
|P.G. Diploma in Hospital Management||Annamalai University||2003|
|M.S. General Surgery||Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University India||2004|
|M.C.H Surgical gastroenterology||Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute(SRMC & RI), Porur, Chennai. India||2008|
|F.I.A.G.E.S Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons||Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons. India||2009|
|F.M.A.S Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery||TGO University, India||2009|
|DIPLOME D’ UNIVERSITE DE CHIRURGIE LAPAROSCOPIQUE||UNIVERSITY OF STRAUSBOURG, FRANCE||2010|
|F.R.S Fellowship in Robotic Surgery||2012|
• Consultant, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai.
• Empanelled Consultant, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology,Fortis Malar Hospitals, Chennai
• Empanelled Consultant, Indian Health Organisation, Delhi.
• Honorary Visiting consultant, Department of General Surgery, Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
• Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist in various hospitals in Chennai——–V.S Cancer Speciality Hospital, Prasanth Hospital, K.M Speciality Hospital , Starlight Hospital , Annamalai Hospital & G.S Hospital.
• Tutor in the Department of Surgical Gastroenerology, at Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai from Dec 2007 to Mar 2008
• Medical Officer in Liver Transplantation Centre at Surgical Gastroenterogy, Government Stanley Hospital, Chennal from Dec 2008 to Jan 2010
• Special Trainee, under Prof D.Kannan M.Ch,FRCS Department of Surgical Gastroenterogy, Govt Royapettah Hospital, Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai — from feb 2010 – aug 2011.
• Presently ,Associate Professor, the Department of Surgical Gastroenerology, Sri Balaji Medical College & Hospital, Chennai
• Felicitated with a silver Medal by the Academy of Medical Sciences, Rajah Muthiah Medical College for the best P.G. paper presentation of the paper titled “Total Oesophageal reconstruction for Total Corrosive oesophageal stricture”, Annamalai University — March 2003
• Awarded Prof Dr Sambamdam Gold medal in Surgical Gastroenterology for highest rank in the university examinations held at Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai , March 2009.
• Presented a paper entitled “Mucormycosis – Penis, rare presentation” at the 22nd Annual Conference of ASI – KSC/ASI – South Zone, February 2004, Bangalore
• Participated and presented oral poster titled “ GIST — an overview” at the 1st Asia Pacific international cancer Conference organized by Dept. of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, national University of Singapore [NUS] and National University Hospital —November 2006
• Presented oral poster titled ‘ GIST – past , present and future’ at the 94th Indian National Science Congress held at Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, —— January 2007.
• Presented oral poster “ Rare presentation of Pancreatic Tuberculosis ” at the Annual Conference ofIndian Society of Gastroenterolgy, held at PSG Hospitals , Coimbatore—– Feb 2007
• Presented paper titled “ Different presentations of Abdominal Lymphoma” in scientific meeting organized by Tamil Nadu Surgical Gastroenterolgy Association —- State meeting —April 2010
• Presented paper titled “VARIOUS PRESENTATION OF ABDOMINAL LYMPHOMA” Department of Digestive Health, Anna Nagar peripheral hospital.Chennai , TamilNadu Surgical Gastro Annual Meet (TNSGEA)in M.M.C, Chennai, & MAASICON – South zone ASI & 34th Annual Conference of ASI T.N & P Chapter meet in madurai— August 2010
• Presented oral poster “VARIOUS PRESENTATION OF ABDOMINAL LYMPHOMA” at the Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterolgy,IASG 2010 held at Hyderabad—– October 2010
• Presented paper titled “INTERESTING PRESENTATION OF ACHALASIA CARDIA” Department of Digestive Health, Anna Nagar peripheral hospital., & Apollo Gut club meet ,Chennai , Tamil Nadu — October 2010
• Presented paper titled “INTERESTING PRESENTATION oOF HEPATOMA” Department of Digestive Health, Anna Nagar peripheral hospital.Chennai , Tamil Nadu— Dec 2010
• Presented oral poster “VARIOUS PRESENTATION OF PANCREATIC LESIONS ” at the Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterolgy,IASG 2011 held at Jaipur— October 2011
• “Procedures and Post-operative complications following thyroidectomy – An overview” during Master of Surgery Training period 2002 – 2004 under the guidance of Prof. P. Ponnu , M.S. and Prof. J. Kabalimurthy, M.S., Dept. of General Surgery, Rajah Muthiah Medical College & Hospital, Annamalai University, Chidambaram. Tamil Nadu, India.
• “ Study on Association of Helicobacter pylori Infection with the upper gastro intestinal malignancies Under the guidance of Prof M.Subramanian,Head of Department, Surgical Gastroenterology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai , India during the course of study M.CH [ Surgical gastro ] 2004 – 2008
• Sub Investigator, in the Phase 2 Double Blind ,placebo controlled, multi-centre Adjuvant Trial of the efficacy,Immugenicity and safety of GI-4000;an inactivated Recombinant saccharomycescervisae Expressing Mutant Ras protein combined with a Gemcitabine Regimen versus a Gemcitabine with placebo in patients with post resection R0/R1 pancreatic cancer with tumour sequence of Ras mutations.in Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute(SRMC & RI), Porur, Chennai.India sponsored by Gllobe Immune,Inc,U.S.A. 2008
• Published a case report on ‘GIST – ‘Our Experience ‘ in the journal of Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Sri Ramachandra University Porur, Chennai. — September 2006 Edition.
• As the founder President “GS” Educational & Charitable Trust, Chennai, conducted and participated in various Free Health Camps organized for the School children, Senior Citizens and rural folks in villages in Chidambaram, Villupuram & Coimbatore in the last 5 years.
• As a member of Pintos’ Dance Academy, Coimbatore, organized Charitable shows and raised funds amounting to rupees 320,000 for the aid of physically and Mentally challenged children in and around Coimbatore District. I am actively taking part in these activities for the last 9 years.
• As General Secretary, Students Council, RMMCH, Annamalai University , 1999-2000 raised funds amounting to Rs. 100,000/- from students and staff for “ Kargil Relief Fund. ”
• As committee member , Shree Geetha Bhavan Tust, Chennai conducted Free mass marriages, imparting education to physically challenged. On 20-1-2010.
• Selected twice by the Tamil Nadu Sports Development Authority to represent the District in Badminton in the State National Sports Talent Contest at Chennai 1996 – 1997
• Winner of Badminton in the Inter collegiate sports meet ‘Medispike’ for 1996, 1999, Annamalai University.
• Runners up of Ball Badminton / Cricket / Volley Ball in the Inter Collegiate Sports meet ‘Medispike’ for 1997, Annamalai University
• Winner of intermission (Mad-Ads) in the All India Inter Collegiate Cultural Festival. Pecofes ’99, Pondicherry.
• Winner of Fashion Parade in the Inter collegiate Cultural Meet, Crescendo ’98, Annamalai University.
• Judge for Fashion Parade for the cultural event in Engineering College, Annamalai University 1990 and Miss Coimbatore 1997.
Media and Public Interactions
Participated in the public awareness TV interview in Kalaignar Seithigal channel on September 8th , 2012 – “Naalan Ariya”
• General Secretary, Students organizing committee of Rajah Muthiah Medical College organized —-Cultural, Sports & Literary events, —-1999
• Conducted Free Health camps in collaboration with Lions Club of Chidambaram —- 1999 — for health awareness among rural community.
• Organized World Service Day 2000 to felicitate /honor Dr. P.V. Vaithiyanathan, Vice-Chancellor, Annamalai University, Mr. Sandeep Saxena, I.A.S., District Collector, Cuddalore, Mr. Sylendrababu, I.P.S., Superintendent of Police, Cuddalore, Dr. Rangaswamy Pillai, Senior Physician for their memorable service rendered to the people.
• Selected as one of the student representatives from , Rajah Muthiah Medical College & Hospital, Annamalai University, Chidambaram to interact with His Excellency Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam during the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations of Annamalai University, 2004.
• Organizing exhibition in Platinum Jubilee Celebration, Annamalai University 2004.
• Organised ‘ Cancer Awareness Program ’ CAP 2007 in Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai. patient screening, free endoscopes, blood tests, ultrasound along with public interaction meeting were done for over 1000 patients
• Organised ‘ IASG 2008’ , an All India Conference of Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, at Govt Stanley Hospital, Chennai in October 2008.
• Organised various clinical society meeting in Govt Royapettah Hospital between feb 2010 — 2011
• Silver Medal Award for paper presentation titled “Total Oesophageal reconstruction for Total Corrosive oesophageal stricture” by the Academy of Medical Sciences, Annamalai University – 2003
• Best paper presentation award on “ GIST — our experience ”—2005 at Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai .
• National award accorded for best oral poster on “Gastro Interstitial Stromal Tumours” at All India Conference of the Indian association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Lucknow, India — year 2006.
• Won the First place in the Endo quiz conducted by the Apollo Gut club in March 2007, Chennai, India.
• Travel Bursary award 2007 in XVII National Conference in New Delhi , organized by the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology.
“TRAVEL SCHOLAR AWARD 2007” by the International Society of Surgery Foundation, Switzerland at the ‘ International Surgical Week 2007 ‘ meet at Montreal, Canada in august 2007.
All India Membership / Posts
• Member, Indian Association of Bio-Medical Scientists
• Member, Editorial Board College Magazine – Raja Muthiah Medical college & Hospital Annamalai University, 2004
• Member, Exhibition Committee for Platinum Jubilee Celebrations, Raja Muthiah Medical college & Hospital Annamalai University. 2004
• Life Member , Indian Medical Association
• Life Member , Indian Association of Gastroenerology
• Life Member ,Association os Surgeons of India
• Member , Indian Association of GastroIntestinal EndoSurgeons
• Joint Secretary, for Alumni Association, Chennai Chapter, of Rajah Muthiah Medical College and hospital, Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
• Former Director , Blossom Learning Centre, Chennai [ A language proficiency school for every cross-section of society.]
• Founder President, “G. S Educational and Charitable Trust”, Chennai.
• Chairman & Managing Director, Prim & Proper Enterprises Private Limited.Chennai
• Member, World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
• Basic life support course on Cardiopulmonary resuscitation at RMMCH 2000 / SRMC & RI –2004 to 2006
• Training Program on research and paper publications, PSG Medical College, Coimbatore 2002
• Hands on live operative Workshop “Hernia 2003” at PIMS, Pondicherry by Association of Surgeons of India, Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry Chapter, November 2003
• Hands on “Ethiskills General Surgery” organized by Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Chennai, September 2003
• Hands on training course in “ Basic Vascular Skills ” conducted by Vascular Society of India at Ethicon Division, Johnson and Johnson, Chennai —— 2006
• Hands on training in the workshop[CISOW VIII ] on “ Surgery for Hepatobiliary Malignancies ” and “ Cadaveric Bench Liver Dissection ” organized by cancer institute [ W.I.A. , Chennai ]
• “ Short termTraining “ in the Department of Gastrointestinal surgery, AIIMS, NewDelhi — 2007
• Hands on training course in “ Basic & advance lapascopic course ” conducted by Ethicon Institute, Johnson and Johnson, Chennai —— 2006 & 2008
• Hands on training course in “ Solid organ surgery course ” conducted by Ethicon Institute, Johnson and Johnson, Chennai —— October 2008
• Completed DDSEP V ( Digestive Diseases self Educatiion Program , Online American Gastroenterogy Association Institute course — 2010
• Completed the Laparoscopic Training & Metabolic Hands on Surgery Course at ASIAN IRCAD – TAIWAN, Lukang , Taiwan in Feb 2012
• Completed the Fellowship in Robotic Surgery (FRS) Hands On Course on da Vinci® Surgical System ROBOTIC TRAINING is (Five days intensive training) Recognized by World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons at the World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India
• Thyroid disease Workshop & CSEP held at Pondicherry GH & JIPMER, Pondicherry by International College of Surgeons, July 2002
• Hernia Workshop & CSEP held in Pondicherry GH, September 2001
• 63rd Annual conference of the Association of Surgeons of India, ASICON 2003, Pune.
• Modern trends in management of rectal cancer organized by Ethicon institute of Surgical Education of Johnson and Johnson , Chennai —- 2005
• Tele – Medicine Interaction with the NASA administration delegates during their to Sriharikota —on May 11th , 2006 held at Tele-Medicine centre, SRMC & RI, Chennai.
• Live Workshop on G.I Endoscopy organized by MedIndia Hospitals in 2007, 2009, 2010.
• Hands on training in Stapler Workshop 2010 at Lifeline Multi Speciality Hospital, Chennai – Sep 2010
• Hands on training in Foregut Workshop 2011at Lifeline Multi Speciality Hospital, Chennai – Jan 2011
Worked Experience As Surgical Trainee
• Under Prof. Dr. S. Muralidharan, Chief Cardio Thoracic Surgeon, G. Kuppusamy Naidu Memorial Hospital, Coimbatore (1st December to 31st December 2002)
• Under Prof. Dr. C. Palanivelu, Director, Coimbatore Institute of G.I. Endos’ Gem Hospital India Limited, in surgical GE & Basic & Advanced lap. Training during the period 1-1-03 to 31-01-03
• Under Prof. Dr. Ravikannan, Head, Division of Surgical Oncology, Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai – November 1st to 30th November 2002
• Under Prof. Venkataswamy, Chief plastic and Microscopic hand Surgeon, First Med Apollo hospitals, Chennai ——–from 1st to 31st October 2004
• Under Prof. Surendran Head of the Department, Surgical Gastroenterology, Govt. Stanley hospital, Chennai, ———-from 1st November to 15th December 2004, Aug 2008 to Jan 2010
• Attended various State, National, and International conferences in the field of general surgery and Gastroenterology
• Under graduate teaching for 3 years from 2001 – 2004 during the Post Graduate study at RMMCH
• 3 years Under graduate & postgraduate teaching during M.Ch (Surgical Gastroenterology) at SRMC & RI –
• 3 years of post graduate training at Sri Balaji Medical College & Hospital , Chennai
Date of Birth : 4th Oct 1978
Marital : Married
Height : 185 cm
Appearance : Smart and Elegant
Communication Skills : Reasonably good with good command of English vocabulary
Number : H 9587626
Date of Issue : 09-06-2010
Date of Expiry : 08-06-2020
Place of Issue : Chennai